Thursday, March 18, 2010

TOUR OF THE NEW STADIUM

Sharing some pics of the new Jets/Giants stadium out at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford New Jersey, right next to the old Giants Stadium where the Jets were tenants from 1984-2010. MAP (click "BACK" arrow to return to blog)

My Dad, as a season ticket holder (starting his second season this fall), got the chance to tour the new stadium while finishing touches are being put on, accompanied by mom and I.

It'll open later this spring with a college lacrosse game, and then the bands Bon Jovi and U2 or someone is coming to play there. (play music. not lacrosse. though I'd pay to see that.)

Enjoy.

Exterior jumbo-trons. (or monoliths from the movie "2001: A Space Odyessy")
click "BACK" arrow to return to blog

Workers with high pressure water sprayers.




View of old Giants Stadium from the new one. It's being dismantled bit by bit. Similar circular staircases on the opposite side are already torn down.

Remains of a Giants fan. All we heard was, "I'm MELTING! I'm melting..."

Hiking into the upper atmosphere to our seats. (if you reach up high enough you can touch the under-belly of jets landing in Newark Airport)


Our view of the games next year.


Dad and I practicing for next season. (not sure if this is excitement or alarm. thanks to the Jets we're skilled at both, often experiencing them simultaneously)

One of 4 mighty jumbo-tron screens that makes watching the action on the field irrelevant.

I hereby declare I was the first person to order an alcoholic beverage in the new stadium. (I didn't get one, but I ordered one) Note the guy on the ladder wondering what the hell I was doing.


I also hereby declare I was the first to do "the ol' huck'n'buck" in the new stadium. think I ain't? Prove it. I got photos... (more on the ol' huck'n'buck)
click "BACK" arrow to return to blog

Good luck finishing up. Can't wait to see the place fully operational this autumn.

GO STADIUM. BEAT INCOMPLETION.

Mark J. Williamson

2 comments:

  1. These are great photos. I wonder if wind is still going to be a factor at the new stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. We'll see about that wind. This stadium is taller than the last, but the wind that shoots down that swamp from the north and west ain't going' anywhere, so I imagine it'll be present. Just have to see if it dips up and into the stadium.

    ReplyDelete