Saturday, November 7, 2009

DAD'S NAMATH B-DAY JERSEY!

My brothers sister and I chipped in to get my dad a super-cool Namath "throw-back" jersey for his birthday. It's great looking (I think), with sewn-on numbers and letters, like the pro jerseys have.

As Namath was one of the reasons that my dad liked the Jets, and him liking the Jets put my brothers and I on the (bumpy) Jet path our whole lives, what better way to honor the man who began it all for me with the jersey of the man who began it all for him? (though he often mentions Namath's awesome wide receiver Maynard as well).

He waited 10 long years to get Jet season tickets, and now for the rest of this year, and all the Jet years to come, he can display his pride in the green and white.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

Mark J. Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment