Monday, November 30, 2009

DEEP FRIED VICTORY

I love the smell of deep fried Panther in the morning. Smells like...

VICTORY.

Sweet sweet victory after so long. And after an even longer drought at home.

Oh it feels so good. So OVER-DUE.

My dad and I watched the Jets beat the pants off the Carolina Panthers Sunday 17-6 at the stadium. Should have been 27-6 easy, but I won't get into that. A win's a win.

I tip my hat first to Mother Nature, who cooked up a Thanksgiving Day weekend Sunday that hit around 60 degrees, sported warm sunshine and not a cloud in the sky.

Next I send a HUGE thanks to Peter, Moe, Jimmy and the entire crew out at 16 G for allowing us to share their annual Thanksgiving Day celebration, complete with deep-fried 28 pound turkey.

I've never had deep fried turkey. Nor shallow fried. And MAN was it delicious. Moist, juicy, and bursting with turkey flavor. I'm thankful for you men sharing so much of your time and Jet stories with us, as well as your food and drink. Can NOT thank you enough.

We met old Jet friends and many new Jet fan friends as well, all with passionate tales of Jet life, like Declan and his wife in particular. Thanks for your time.

A great day all around, and more to come. With this victory, and our victory this coming Thursday against Buffalo after myself and 100 Jet fans (including YOU if you'll join me) break the apparent JET CURSE 6:16pm in Times Square @ 42nd Street and Broadway outside the ESPN Zone, the Jets will be well on their way to the winning ways of their first 3 games, and give us a playoff run none shall soon forget.

Some say I'm a dreamer.

But I'm not the only one.

I hope one day you will join us. And the Jet-world will cheer as one...

Mark J. Williamson

GO JETS. BEAT BUFFALO.

No comments:

Post a Comment