Sunday, December 27, 2009

FAMLIY GATHERING

Well folks this is it.

By the time I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I'll know if the 2009 campaign is kaput, or if my green and white optimism continues to flourish.

And to mark the occasion, I've invited my brothers and sister over to my parents to watch the Jets/Colts game. Wayne will be here to capture this crucial Jet fan experience.

How will it turn out?

Knowing the history of this wacky team, we're due to win this game we're supposed to lose.

Who knows. Will the undefeated Colts play all their players? Are they willing as competitors to allow a loss by playing second stringers to protect the health if their first? Do we want that or want a shot at the first string Colts to see what we're really made of? (as if losing to Atlanta didn't reveal that? Am I insane?)

Maybe. Maybe. But, like every year before this one as a Jet fan, I have to say, "I've come this far... Have to keep fight'n..."

And so I shall.

GO JETS. BEAT INDY. (whoever they put on the field)

No comments:

Post a Comment