Sunday, December 6, 2009

REFLECTION ON CURSE BREAKING CEREMONY

Thinking back to Thursday December 3rd and the curse breaking ceremony in Times Square, I still feel good about it.

Sure Sanchez is hurt. But I'm not worried. No feelings of dread or "here we go again..." whatsoever. Our defense is #2 in the league. Our running game #2. No matter who's in the pocket, we'll be fine.

I know we've got an interesting few games left. Tampa. Atlanta. Indianapolis. Cincinnati. But we're a good team. And I feel they'll play well the rest of the way.

Winning these last 2 games is setting them on the road to a playoff chance. The league is so spotty this year. Lots of teams hovering around .500. That leaves room for surprise teams to make surprise runs.

I can't tell what'll happen of course, but I know for a fact this team has the talent and ability to be there. No one can doubt it.

And I've done my part. Along with a great bunch of Jet fans and friends in Times Square.

Cops came by and I saw them out of the corner of my eye and I was sure they'd bust us up - especially cause I had to light 3 candles and I figured they'd be afraid I'd set Times Square on fire. But Wayne intercepted them and told them what we were up to and after I finished the ceremony, the cops headed on their way and one waved and said, "Thank you. Thank you for doing this."

He was a Jet fan.

But we're on the upward swing now, Jet Nation. I feel it in my bones. I know I may be a fool, but I can't help it. I'm going to ride the positive energy - and ANY negative energy YOU may feel regarding this team - let it go. No more holding on to the negativity of the past. Of even this season. Ever game is a new game. Every day a new one.

Let's live in the moment and ride the tide with hope, with confidence, and with excitement that we'll see the talent we know this team possesses, and that it will upset the league this year. No matter the result.

The 2009 season is still alive and well. Let's finish it out strong.

GO JETS. BEAT TAMPA.

Mark J. Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment