Wednesday, January 20, 2010

JET FANS QUEST WEST

Jet fans everywhere are gearing up for this exciting American Football Conference Championship. GATEWAY TO THE SUPERBOWL.

(NOT just to the Superbowl - GETTING THERE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I WANT SUPERBOWL VICTORY)

Many we know are crusading west to support the team in person. Below is one such story from a great Jet fan Paul, who we met in the sub-arctic temperatures before we beat the HELL out of the Cincinnati Bungles...

Hi. Remember me? You met my wife n me, as well as my sister from Seattle and my dog Jack at my camper van at the final game at the old stadium?


Hope all is well. I have a story for you... I posted on craigslist for a carpool to Indy. My wife can't go. I've connected with 4 strangers (huge fans) who have all agreed to ride in my van to Indy.


4 are meeting in New Jersey tonight (I can't be there, I'm on long island) and will work out where they're gonna park everybody's car in one locale. I'll hear from them tonight and pick them all up Saturday A.M.

Also, people are trusting strangers by using Paypal to pay for tix they've never seen, nor have they ever seen the person who they paid (me). One guy just paid me for ticket I bought on Stubhub so were sitting together.


2 friends who bought tix on their own before I ever spoke to them will be in section 614 row 14. Guess where my tix r? Section 614 row 7. You can't make this stuff up.


And a fifth guy who friend canceled last min to take a flight has joined our crew. He has a single in another section but is looking to trade to b near us.


Were not all even sitting together...but we have a common goal...to be there. I'm collecting cash from all on Saturday morning at one guys house in NJ for gas tolls, parking, etc... and were off! 5 strangers drive 700 miles to cheer on Jets...I'm looking forward to the experience.


And we can't wait to hear how it went. GO PAUL! MIKE! MO! ANTHONY! ANGELO! God bless'ya... Safe journey!

GO JETS. BEAT INDIANAPOLIS.

Mark J. Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment