Sunday, January 17, 2010

MORE VICTORY!!!!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! WE DID IT ! WE DID IT! WE DID IT!!!!!!

THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL JETS DEFEATED THE SAN DIEGO FOOTBALL CHARGERS 17-14 TONIGHT IN SAN DIEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOO-HOO! I can't believe it. And yet I can. I was SO focused on us winning the game that when it was over it took time to sink in that we're in our FIRST American Football Conference Championship since 1998!!!!!! MAN it's been a while!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP-BAWLS I'M EXCITED!!!!!!!!

The bar on the upper east side of Manhattan I watched the game at was ROCK'N! There were about 40 or 50 Jet fans there SCREAMING our heads off.

Lexa Rosean, who helped us with the Jets curse-breaking ceremony in Times Square was there and shared the experience with us, doing what she could to help us by buying shots in honor of the god I communed with or asked the favor of during the ceremony on December 3rd in Times Square and I feel if anyone deserve drinks it's that god if they helped answer our prayers.

But HUGE props go to the Jets football team, staff and organization for putting together an effort that will go down in Jets history as one of the best ever. Beating a VERY good football team ON THE ROAD.

NO ONE can doubt the Jets now. NO ONE. Not their talent, not their heart, not their determination to win. And the seeming MAGIC involved is extraordinary. The Bengals missed TWO field goal tries last week with me yelling "MISS IT! MISS IT!" like a 5th grader jumping up and down and they DID miss them both. The Chargers tried to kick THREE field goals this game and after yelling, "MISS IT! MISS IT!" like a drunk maniac, THEY MISSED ALL THREE.

It's ASTOUNDING. It's like the woes and missed kicks that usually went AGAINST the Jets the last 40 years are now going against our ENEMIES. Could this be the curse reversed? Could this be some spiritual shift? Could Jet Nation be finally believing????

I'll give you an example of the change in spirit that I'M feeling. There came a moment with three minutes on the clock or so and the Chargers had the ball and a couple Jet fans near me were feeling tense and looking at the three minutes as some length of time to be SUFFERED and CAN we withstand their onslaught and ESCAPE with the victory???

And to that I shouted NO! There's THREE MINUTES LEFT TO SCORE MORE POINTS ON THESE BASTARDS!!!! PILE IT ON! RUN UP THAT SCORE!!!! THAT'S how I feel right now about the Jets. NO MORE FEAR. NO MORE WAITING FOR THE OTHER SHOE TO DROP.

THOSE DAYS ARE OVER. THOSE YEARS OF LOST CHANCES AND AGONIZING FAILURES. WE'RE the team to beat and everyone ELSE is to fear US with three minutes left. Fearing they'll get SACKED and lose the ball for a defensive touchdown. Fearing an INTERCEPTION that will go back for a score.

THERE IS NO OTHER SHOE TO DROP. THERE IS ONLY OUR SHOE GOING UP THE OTHER TEAMS' ASS. (yeah, I said ass. I'm a little drunk after celebrating the pumped up game and enjoying some victory shots, which I shall explain below...)

We experienced a shot unique to the bar "Swig" on 85th and 2nd Ave. in Manhattan, the "Dirty Sanchez". It's a shot of tequila with pepper on one half of the rim. (like a mustache) It was great. Had three or four during the course of the game. So forgive my antics.

The JETS ARE VICTORS. THE JETS ARE PLAYING FOR THE RIGHT TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL REPRESENTING THEIR CONFERENCE. IT'S AMAZING! A JET HOLIDAY.

A REMATCH OF SUPERBOWL THREE, THE LAST TIME WE'VE BEEN IN THAT GAME TO DECIDE A CHAMPION.

As for that upcoming battle, I'll save my thoughts and feelings for this week.

But for now, I celebrate. I revel in the Jets victory. I LOVE that EVERYONE bet against us. I LOVE that NO commentator picked us. "Chargers have too many weapons." "The Jets need THREE Revis' to cover all their receivers."

BULL-CRAP! ALL OF THEM WRONG! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! If I was them I'd probably have to bet against the Jets too. It would seem irrational to pick them. But we're not rational. We're fans. I KNEW we could beat them and not long after half time, when it was 7-0 San Diego I KNEW if we could hold this "AMAZING" offense to SEVEN POINTS in one entire half, that WE'D WIN THIS GAME. We'd whip up a couple amazing plays and SHOVE IT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

AND THEY DID. I GUARANTEED the game early in the third quarter. You can see it on tape. I NEVER lost confidence after that. I KNEW we'd win this game, and I KNEW their late touchdown was of no consequence. Too little too late, SD.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! A JETS VICTORY!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Joe for coming out and visiting us, thanks to Cory and Chris for letting us hang with your amazing (and amazingly large) Jet crew at Swig, thanks to Swig for great food, drink and service and thanks to ALL the well wishers and loved ones who shared their positivity and hope today, beaming it to us and the Jets, helping make history that I'll never forget!

GO JETS! BEAT INDIANAPOLIS...AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Mark J. Williamson!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment