Thursday, January 14, 2010

THE OVERDOG

My entire life the Jets have been the underdog.

I think you come to accept it.

But lately, since the curse breaking ceremony in particular, I've been dreaming of the Jets being the "overdog".

I want the JETS to be on the 11-0 run with the first round playoff bye. (The San Diego Chargers have that honor at present) I want the undefeated season. (Indianapolis Colts were until we beat'm) I want teams to be DREADING having to come to The New Meadowlands stadium. You want a Superbowl, THE ROAD ALWAYS GOES THROUGH NEW YORK. (even though the game is in NJ, they'll be staying and eating in New York City, you know it)

Sanchez the feared field commander under center, SHREDDING defenses with the number one and number two receivers in the league (whoever they will be), and a defense that's ranked with the best the league has ever seen. Better than head coach Rex Ryan's when he won the 00' Superbowl with the Baltimore Ravens.

JETS AS OVERDOG.

Regardless what happens this year, that's still my dream. More than a championship? At present, no. I'll take an against all odds victory like the Giants had a couple years ago. (and sorry Giant fans, it was against all odds). But I knew going into this season it was a rebuilding year. A first for Sanchez AND Ryan. For all the new players, and a meshing of the staff and re-aligning of the organization, especially with the stadium under way and all the changes there.

But in the long term, OVERDOG'S THE DREAM.

May this season be the first step to a JET DYNASTY. Couldn't come at a better time, with New England on the slide.

THE KING IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE KING.

GO JETS. BEAT THE CHARGERS. BEAT THE COLTS OR RAVENS, I DON'T CARE WHICH (the bigger they are...) THEN BEAT THE CARDINALS OR SAINTS OR COWBOYS OR VIKINGS AND I'LL SEE YOU AT THE PARADE IN THE CANYON OF HEROES.

(i don't ask for much, do i? just victory... COMPLETE AND CRUSHING VICTORY. Aren't you ready, Jet Nation? Hasn't it been long enough???)

Mark J. Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment