Monday, January 11, 2010

JETS GAINING ALTITUDE

How high can the Jets fly? I don't know how high they WILL fly, but I know how high they CAN fly. With the number one regular season defense and rushing game, and a rookie QB who got his mojo back against Cincinnati, they can beat anybody.

Yeah I said it. They can beat anybody.

WILL they beat everyone? Unknown.

But I'm excited. They made mistakes against the Bengals but they weren't enough to kill them like they usually are. Continue making them (Braylon Edwards) and we're going home quick.

But what excites me are the following: WE"VE GOT NOTHING LOSE. We're the underdogs. No one expects anything from us. BEST place to be. Pressure's on the Colts (who have a tradition of losing in the playoffs when they rest players the end of the regular season), on the Chargers who've won 11 straight and are due for a loss. No team can keep a streak like that going. First round bye week or not.

Pressure's on the favored teams. Not the upstarts in my opinion.

So whether we lose this week or go on to win the Superbowl, I'm excited by the following fact - that the number one defense and rushing attack, along with our rookie passing game, is ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER in the off-season.

The Rex Ryan era has begun with a BANG no matter what happens. And I can't wait to see where it leads.

And I've done my part, along with a number of passionate Jet fans by breaking whatever curse or shadow or blockage has plagued this team my entire life. (just in case) So all realities have been covered. Now it's up to the players.

Do THEY believe?

We'll find out this Sunday.

GO JETS. BEAT SAN DIEGO.

Mark J. Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment