Thursday, January 7, 2010

PICTURES FROM THE 37-0 VICTORY!

Sharing some pics my dad took of our great victory over the Cincinnati "Bungles" this past Sunday in the last game at Giants Stadium. 1.3.10

It was 8 degrees Fahrenheit with the wind chill. I wore what I normally wear skiing once a year in the Adirondack mountains, knowing my gear has handled -30 Fahrenheit wind chill. I was indeed toasty. Thanks Ben for the toe-warming pads, as that was the only thing getting to me during out FOUR HOURS of pre-game interviews.

Though dressed in red/white/blue snow-gear, I did have my #80 Chrebet jersey on under it all. Was going to wear it on the outside, but getting that off, AND my jacket, AND the top part of my snow pants, ALL in the disgusting porta-potty when I have to release it? No thanks.

Had a great time interviewing and meeting fans, and an even better time during the game. This one will go down in the memory banks as one of our greatest, most satisfying victories.

New stadium, left, to open later 2010. Giants Stadium, right, first opened 1976.

Dad and I heading in for the last time.


Jets roar onto the field.






Producer/Director Wayne finally gets to enjoy a game with us. We got to join him on the lower level after half-time.



Complete ROUT. I don't care if people say the Bungles wanted to lose in order to play us again in the first round. WHO CARES. They got HUMILIATED on national TV. HOW is that a positive heading into the playoffs? Even their starters sucked.

JETS WIN! WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS, BABY!






Very cool moment after most of the crowd left, players, cheerleaders and head coach Rex Ryan came back out of the locker-room to high-five the remaining fans while music played. Dad and I were on our way out, heard a roar from the field, looked in and saw Jets running around, so EVERYONE flooded from the main corridor of the stadium back down the aisles to ring the field. It was cool to see.

My Dad took this shot of the lot after the game. It was a WRECK. More so than usual following a game. Untended fires were still burning, and cameraman/editor Ben and I saw a small propane tank explode in a boom of spark and fire. Very cool. (so long as we were 30 yards away)

GO JETS! BEAT CINCINNATI AGAIN!

Mark J. Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment